Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Q & A: When did you decide that you were overweight?

One member asks the question:

 "What made you look at yourself and say ok that's it I'm over weight and out of shape. And did anybody else cry"

Here are some of our VERY real answers:

May sound crazy but I didn't recognize myself in some pictures from Christmas. Sad I know...

I saw a pic that my cousin took on Christmas and saw myself i'm the background.. she posted the pic on fb and tried to tag me.. lol that wasnt gonna happen.

For me after my mama died I said it was time to NOW take care of ME! Sure I wasn't just big because of eating. The steroids and medications played a part but I WANTED TO LIVE AND NOT JUST EXIST. They said if I tried to do certain things [gastric bypass surgery] it would kill me because of my health but hey I was dying anyway so I took my life back with the help of GOD and great docs that supported me and AWESOME FRIENDS and family but MOSTLY I motivated me. After seeing a picture where I looked like the GOOD YEAR BLIMP!

 I hate the way my clothes look on me .. And yes tears have been shed !!!

Pictures. Definitely. But after losing so much weight after having a baby???? I threw all my fat clothes away. I KNOW my weight comes from drinking bc when I was pregnant and nursing I was sooooo small. I literally have NOTHING to wear to work everyday. One of my bosses always makes cracks on my weight. Ppl perceive me as this emotionless being but he has really hurt my feelings several times. Y'all know I love taking pics. I haven't taken any pics of myself recently until my bday. And I hated the way I looked. 

I knew the day that I tried on every pair of jeans in my house and none of them fit and all I could do was sit on the floor and cry

I will not take a body pic and I'm glad that I don't club anymore the last time I went out someonr touched my belly and said omg you are having a baby . I lol and said no I'm just fat but when I got home smh I broke all the way down and will not go to a party again

Which time? Lol 
This time, I knew I was too big bc my big clothes started getting tight. That's when I was like nah buddy lol. I made a commitment a while back to never let plus size be mandatory for me so unless I'm going to make my own clothes, I had to shrink lol.  I have shed a tear as well. I think being in a relationship makes it worse bc u want to look ur best for them and u know that isn't ur best. 

A few years back, when I was starting my new relationship, he asked for a pic of me. I couldn't find a current one of me that I was happy with. I started taking pics of myself, searching for a complimentary pose and hated everything I saw. I also looked in my closet and realized I had gotten rid of everything that was, in my mind, an okay size. My closet belonged to a big, frumpy girl and I knew it was time to change.

My high school reunion picture did it for me, I was wearing a tire around my waist. Felt like I could rest my elbows there and maybe a drink.

Step 1 - acknowledge that there is a problem.  Step 2 - determine that you ARE going to do something about it!  

You are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment