Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fitness Friend of the week: Carlos

Meet Carlos J.


Carlos is one of our seasoned members.  His journey began back in 2011 with suggestion from his wife.  I sat down with Carlos and he shared these highlights about his journey.

Carlos says a comment from his wife led him to take a look at himself and his habits:


"I was like dang how did i let myself get so big? So when i saw my picture with Kurt Angle (wrestler) I said enough is enough. 

I started walking every day because I was too heavy to run...when I tried to jog my back and knees were really hurting. I knew I had to change my diet to lose weight so that I could exercise.  Mid 2012 I started experimenting with juicing after watching Fat Sick and Nearly Dead (Documentary/). By this point, I had lost about 20 pounds.

After seeing some results it motivated me to try to get back down to my weight when I was in the army which was 230 pounds.  I am currently 25 pounds away from that weight.  This year my attack plan is to run at least 3 times a week from anywhere to 2 miles to 6 with a goal of running at least 9 total miles for the week. Seeing the changes in my body and weight is what pushes me. 

I have a run playlist I use that is full of Gospel, Rap and Black Eye Peas...my "get amped" song is Lift His Name Up by Cross Movement (Video). 

The easiest part of juicing is breakfast.  That drink pumps me up for the day...I usually struggle during dinner but then my workout has increased so I just drink more water...in closing my wife is very happy with my body transformation."


Carlos started walking in late November 2012 to prepare for a company wide 5k.  His goal was to be able to jog and complete the challenge.  He is currently RUNNING 3 times per week (despite weather conditions) and is accompanying a FF newcomer in a 30 day juice fast for moral support.

Carlos offers this advice to people that have made the decision to start an exercise plan.  "Start walking first. You can really hurt yourself if you try to run and you haven't been doing it.  After a couple weeks of walking work your way up to a mild jogging pace and so forth"

2 comments: