Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Fitness Friend of the Week: Brandi

Meet Brandi!

If ever there were a picture that captured her personality...THIS is it!

This Fitness Friend is a 34 year old mother of 2, with her youngest being 5 years old.  She has displayed the heart of a lion over the past 3-4 weeks.  I sat down with Brandi recently and here is what she had to say:




  • On balancing homelife with her new lifestyle
    The most difficult part for me is trying to find the time to exercise. I do not have time to go to the gym after work and give my children the attention that they deserve so this requires me to get creative with my workouts.

    On her eating habits
    I always eat breakfast. That is a meal that I do not skip because if I do, I will be tempted to snack all morning and I will be more likely to overeat by the time I get to lunch. Breakfast is usually 1) flourless pancakes with fresh fruit and yogurt, turkey bacon, egg and cheese on a sandwich thin or oatmeal sweetend with splenda and raisins. Lunch is usually leftovers for dinner or a sandwich on a sandwich thin with fruit and raw veggies. Dinner is chicken, fish or beans and veggies. Since I am short on time I break down my workouts. I do my cardio during my lunch everyday. At night after I try to do bodyweight exercises but I have been lazy about it lately.

    On challenges
    The toughest part about my lifestyle change limiting my carbs. Oh how I love bread, pasta, rice, cake, doughnuts, muffins, cupcakes...I could go on and on. I realize that I have no self control when it comes to these types of foods so I have cut most of them out.

    The easiest part about this change has been utilizing the support system that you have created on Fitness Friends. I feel like I have people that are in the struggle with me and we embrace each others highs and lows in this judgement free zone. I had thought about getting in shape finally this year since Jan. 1 but that is all it was - a thought. This group and the camaraderie that has been built here is so motivating to me because I know that we will all fall, maybe more than once, but I KNOW that none of us will fail because we won't allow it.


    Her advice to anyone struggling to get started
    My advice is to sit down and create a detailed plan for your meals and your workouts. If you don't the process can be very overwhelming. It's okay to have to cook separate meals for you and your children, I do it all the time. Try to incorporate your children into your workouts. The Wii is a great tool to get sweat equity when the kids think you all are just having fun.

    How she plans to celebrate reaching her goals
    When I finally hit my goal I am going shopping! I was trying to formulate what reaching this goal will mean in a deeper cosmic thought provoking way..but hell I am a girl and I just wanna shop in the tiny sizes!

    Congrats to Brandi...and keep up the good work!

3 comments:

  1. lol @ " I was trying to formulate what reaching this goal will mean in a deeper cosmic thought provoking way..but hell I am a girl and I just wanna shop in the tiny sizes" - Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete