Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Recipe: Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Many of the Fitness Friends are battling with caving to sweets.  My temptress is salt.  I have manged to cut out fried foods completely and I generally do not cook with any oil...if I can help it.

I was looking for a healthy way to prepare sweet potatoes (an alternative to fries).  Found this great recipe over at:  www.health.com

At 189 calories per serving (1 cup), they were delicious.

I used garlic powder, thyme, and basil instead of rosemary.  Everything same.

Ingredients

  • small sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt


Preparation

Preheat oven to 450°.
Peel sweet potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat.

Photo: my own
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake potatoes at 450° for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned, turning wedges after the first 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

sweet-potato-wedges Recipe
Photo: www.health.com

No comments:

Post a Comment